Coach and Manager Responsibilities
Updated Saturday March 11, 2017 by Administrator.
STC Manager / Head Coach Responsibilities
It is the expectation that the Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach will uphold certain responsibilities within the Saint Charles Youth Baseball Organization.
- It is expected that the Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach be responsible in treating all players on the team equally with patience and respect. As players are expected to respect your instruction, it is equally important to respect players concerns. This will be especially prevalent at the younger ages where players will be looking for role models and leadership.
- It is expected that the Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach be responsible for attending practices and or games. If an absence is necessary, all lineups and game instructions should be passed to the Head/Assistant coach.
- It is expected that the Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach be responsible in the use of his/her language and actions in the presence of members of your team, opposing players, coaches, umpires.
- It is expected that Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach be responsible in his/her actions to not drink alcohol before or during a practice and or game. As well, smoking and or chewing tobacco are prohibited in the presence of players. Any violation of above is subject to suspension or expulsion from coaching in any current or future STC Baseball Program.
- It is expected that the Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach be responsible when constructing a lineup to regard of players safety on the field and safety within dugout areas. Manager is responsible for assigning a coach to dugout during game.
- Manager/Head Coach is responsible for communicating frequently and effectively to parents. This will include any reference to games/practice time rescheduling.
- A Manager/Head Coach should be responsible in the decision to discuss concerns with parents off field and away from players.
- Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach should be responsible in taking the time to understand the rules of his/her league.
- Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach will be responsible in not leaving any player under his/her supervision alone after practice or games.
- The Manager/Head Coach/Assistant Coach are responsible for only allowing league approved coaches on the ‘field of play”. This shall include games and or practices.
- It is the responsibility of Manager/Head coach to assign that at least one coach on a team is providing coordination of practices/game activities.
- If a coach feels that a player needs more than minor disciplinary action, a discussion between coach, parent, and league commissioner will take place. Situation will be presented to board if deemed necessary after discussion.
- It will be the Manager/Head coach’s responsibility to prep the field before game and after. This would include placing bases, minor field raking, passing out of game balls, putting bases away, locking boxes and generally putting field to rest. Both visiting and home team coaches may share responsibilities but ultimately up to home team coaches.
- It will be the Manager/Head coaches (with umpire if present) to call a game minutes before or during an inclement weather situation. Situations shall include calling a game due to lightning.